TELL US ABOUT YOU SO WE CAN GET ACCURATE QUOTES. WE’LL ALSO GIVE YOU A HAND WITH THE REST OF YOUR MOVE!
1. Something you might not be aware of is a removals delay policy, sometimes things just happen that delay your move in date. Make sure you’re aware of what you’re entitled to when you book movers before you agree to a change in date with your agent.
2. Before you begin searching for quotes, make a list of exactly what you need to move. This is something that almost all movers will ask for. The more accurate you are with how much major furniture you have, the more accurate the quote will be and the less likely you are to get a shock when you get the bill!
3. Know what level of service you need, be realistic about what you are capable of doing and what you want to do, does your new home have stairs? Will you need help with that? Is it worth doing 5 trips in the car as well, or should you just be booking more space in the truck?
4. Communicate your expectations clearly, a quote might seem more expensive because of the extra service provided such as placing boxes where they need to be rather than leaving them all at the front door. This type of service difference can impact the price which might not be clear in the initial quote.
5. Don’t skimp on protective packaging! We know, it’s a nightmare wrapping every individual item in bubble wrap and stacking them carefully into boxes, but taking your time to do this right saves you time once you’re in your new home. It’s also cheaper than buying new wine glasses…
6. Label boxes clearly and specifically, on the top and on more than one side! Murphy’s law dictates that the label will always be on the side you can’t get to, so label two sides of every cardboard box and halve the chances!
-At least 3 markers (two to use, one to lose)
-Labels, fragile and general
-Coloured stickers for room coding
-Master Packing book- for your to do list
-Old blankets, sheets or moving wraps to protect your furniture
-Reasonable quality rubbish bags
-Classic striped woven storage bags